What happened on the cross?
Romans 1-3:20 Tells us about:
- The wrath of God that we deserve,
- The Judgment of God that we can’t avoid,
- The Law that does not make us righteous, and
- That there is no one righteous. Not even one.
Romans 3:21 “But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known.”
Romans 3:22 “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.”
Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3:24 “…and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
SIN TOTALLY CORRUPTS AND RUINS OUR LIVES
- He knows that man does not have the cure to fix this corruption.
- Thus he initiated a plan for redemption.
- Jesus paid the penalty for our sins so we don’t have to.
Our worth is not in our actions, but in our new identity as being adopted as God’s children.
Ephesians 1:5 “In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.”
Sin had an affect on us:
- We were outcasts for God’s promises,
- We had no hope for a future,
- But because of his love for us we are adopted!
How does God see us?
- As sheep without a shepherd,
- People who have been tormented by the effects of sin, and
- Helpless – We can’t fix the problem on our own.
YOU ARE RIGHTEOUS THROUGH FAITH IN HIM.
What does that mean for us?
- We are free from condemnation!
- We are free from guilt and shame!
- We are free to choose a new path for our lives!
- We are free to share this hope with others, and
- We are free from feeling unworthy!
We are justified by faith and made righteous through this same faith in Jesus.