PRESSURES ON MOM TODAY
· Have a successful career.
· Keep the house spotless.
· Raise perfect children.
· Be a great cook.
· Look like a model.
· Be a charming hostess and conversationalist.
She cooked the breakfast first of all,
Washed the cups and plates.
Dressed the children and made sure
Stockings all were mates.
Combed their hair and made their beds,
Sent them our to play;
Gathered up their motley toys,
Put some books away.
Dusted chairs and mopped the stairs,
Ironed an hour or two;
Baked a jar of cookies and a pie,
Then made a pot of stew.
The telephone rang constantly,
The doorbell did the same;
A youngster fell and stubbed his toe
And then the laundry came.
She picked up blocks and mended socks,
Then she polished up the stove;
And when her husband came at six
He said, “I envy you!
It must be nice to sit at home
Without a thing to do!”
Matthew 15:21-28 “Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” 25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” 28 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.”
We know very little about this woman. Here’s what we know:
- She was a Canaanite.
The Canaanite religion was basically that of a fertility cult.
- In the Old Testament they were the worshippers of Baal.
- Canaan was a son of Ham.
- Noah cursed Ham.
Genesis 9:24-27 “When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,
“Cursed be Canaan!
The lowest of slaves
will he be to his brothers. ”
26 He also said, “Blessed be the Lord, the God of Shem!
May Canaan be the slave of Shem.
27 May God extend the territory of Japheth;
may Japheth live in the tents of Shem,
and may Canaan be his slave.”
- Thinking for the well being of her family
- She is persistent
- She doesn’t accept “No” that easily
- She has great faith
- She has wisdom
- She does not easily give in to discouragement
· A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape, but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape.
· A strong woman isn’t afraid of anything, but a woman of strength shows her courage in the midst of fear.
· A Strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her, but a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone.
· A strong woman walks sure-footedly, but a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls.
· A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face, but a woman of strength wears grace.
· A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey, but a woman of strength has the faith that in the journey she will become strong.
MOTHERS ARE SPECIAL !