Statistics say that 95% of Christians will never lead another person to Christ!
3 Reasons people don’t share their faith with others:
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of failure
- Fear of not knowing what to say.
On average someone needs to hear the gospel message between seven and eight times before they respond.
Five questions to ask that could lead a conversation to a faith sharing opportunity:
- Do you have any spiritual beliefs?
- Who is Jesus Christ to you?
- Do you think there is a heaven or hell?
- If you dies, where would you go, heaven or hell?
- If what you believe is not true, would you want to know?
Hebrews 4:12 “For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
Romans 10:17 “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.”
Luke 10:25-26 “On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” He replied. “How do you read it?””
1. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
What you want to hear?
EVERYONE HAS SINNED
2. Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What you want to here?
- The result of sin is death, but Jesus provides a way to life.
- Jesus took my sin upon him on the cross so I don’t have to pay the price
PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT SIN SEPARATES THEM FROM GOD
3. John 3:3 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
What you want to hear.
- I can’t make it to heaven by myself.
- To make it to heaven I must be born of God.
4. John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
What you want to hear from them.
- There is no other way to God except through Jesus.
- Jesus is the only way I can receive spiritual life.
5. Romans 10:9-11 ”That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”“
What you want to hear.
If I believe God raised Jesus from the dead, I can be saved.
2 Corinthians 5:15 “And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”
What does this say to you?
- We should live for God
- We should live for Jesus
Revelations 3:20 “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
What does that say?
- If I ask Jesus to come into my life he will.
- I can invite Jesus to come into my life.
- Jesus is knocking wanting me to answer His call.
Finishing questions that need to be asked:
- Are you a sinner?
- Do you want forgiveness of sins?
- Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for you and rose again?
- Are you willing to surrender your life to Jesus?
- Are you ready to invite Jesus into your life and into your heart?
- Jesus forgive me of my sins
- I believe you are Savior
- I believe God raised you from the dead
- I want to have a relationship with you