At Pentecost God put a plan in place to restore mankind to right relationship.
- Plan A – Sent Jesus into the world
- Plan B – Have Jesus die on the cross and rise again
- Plan C – The start of the church
- Plan D – Come back for the church
- God made a promise with Abraham.
- Bless Him.
- Bless His descendants and make them a great nation.
- For Abraham’s descendants to be a blessing to the whole world.
- 1. Passover (14th of first month) .
- 2. Unleavened Bread (15th of first month).
- 3. Firstfruits. (17th day of first month).
- Passover – Fulfilled by Jesus Crucifixion.
- Unleavened Bread – Fulfilled by Jesus burial.
- Firstfruits – Fulfilled by Jesus resurrection.
50 days later the feast of Pentecost
- A national holiday where no one worked.
- Offer two loaves of bread as an offering for the people.
Acts 1:3-4 “He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.””
What happened on Pentecost?
- Holy Spirit came and dwelt within the lives of the believers
- Holy Spirit filled them with power (Acts 1:8)
- Holy Spirit gave them spiritual gifts
Two things you can do with power:
- Unleash it
- Harness it
What is the church born to do?
Romans 1:16 “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.“
Philippians 4:13 “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”