What are some of the feelings we sometimes feel towards prayer? Maybe you:
- Feel like you don’t know how to pray
- Feel like God is not listening
- Feel like you can’t make much of a difference
We can feel these things so we fall into the temptation and don’t try.
- Too busy to pray
- God will do what He wants whether I pray or not.
- God doesn’t seem too listen to my prayers much.
- While he was gone for such a long time the Israelites told Aaron to make the gods that can go before them.
- He has them give up their golden jewelry and he formed a golden calf out of tools.
- Aaron said “These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you out of Egypt.”
- This was taking place while Moses was on Mount Sinai with God.
- God saw what they were doing and told Moses about it.
God then told Moses to stand aside so that in His anger He may destroy them and then He will be able to make a great nation out of Moses.
What was Moses’ reply? (Exodus 32:11-14)
- Moses sought the favor of God;
- Reminded Him of His past promises to Abraham, Isaac and Israel;
- and God relented!
- Verse 30 – Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. But now I will go up to the Lord; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
- Exodus 32:31-33 So Moses went back to the Lord and said, “Oh what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin – but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
The word “intercede” in Latin means “to go or pass between”.
So intercession is an act whereby an individual position’s themselves between two parties – one with a need and one with the answer – and seeks to bring the two parties together.
- True Intercession Desires to Find the Will of God.
- True intercession is the desire to see the object of our prayers come into a close fellowship with God by whatever means and circumstances he decides is best.
KEY – GOD LISTENS TO THE PEOPLE HE HAS RELATIONSHIP WITH
That is how unity in relationship works
- Unity listens
- Unity values one another
- Unity is moved by both forces
GOD LISTENS TO THE PEOPLE HE HAS RELATIONSHIP WITH.
Psalms 106:21-23 19 At Horeb they made a calf
and worshiped an idol cast from metal.
20 They exchanged their glorious God
for an image of a bull, which eats grass.
21 They forgot the God who saved them,
who had done great things in Egypt,
22 miracles in the land of Ham
and awesome deeds by the Red Sea.
23 So he said he would destroy them—
had not Moses, his chosen one,
stood in the breach before him
to keep his wrath from destroying them.
WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAND IN THE GAP AND SEE GOD CHANGE OUR WORLD !