We have been working through a series on taking God’s Word and applying it to our lives.
- Obedience to God’s Word lays a foundation in our lives that God can build His plans upon.
- How to apply God’s truth to our lives.
- Renewing of our mind.
The thing about mirrors:
- They tell the truth whether you like it or not.
James 1:22-25 22 “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.”
Looks intently in Greek is
parakuphas “To carefully investigate”
A person who carefully investigates the Bible and does what it says will be blessed in what they do. (James 1:22-25) So…
Why do I forget what I look like?
- Don’t like what I see?
- What’s your reason?
2 Corinthians 3:12-18 12” Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
- Moses went into the tent of meeting and spent time in God’s presence
- God’s glory would cover the entrance of the tent so no one else would come in
- Moses would come out and his face was radiating the glory of God
- Apparently when the glory of god started to fade away Moses put a veil over his face so people could not tell.
GOD’S WORD MOLDS AND SHAPES US INTO HIS IMAGE
Let’s do a good job living out what Jesus is trying to teach us !
- Love you neighbor.
- Love your enemy.
- Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.
- Do not be corrupted by the world.
- Take care of the orphans and the widows.
- Give to those in need.
- Practice hospitality.
- Do not lose your spiritual fervor.
- Pray continually.