Some of the results of improper connection with God
- Lack of Joy
- Lack of purpose
- Being Unfulfilled
- Difficulty in doing the right things
It is the concept that we know the right thing to do, but we have a difficulty getting our life to respond accordingly.
- Ephesians 5:17-20 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to god the Father for everything.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
What are some of the repeating words and phrases between these two passages?
- The Lord’s will
- Giving thanks all the time
This 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 has a interesting flow to it.
- We are to be joyful people.
- We are to pray continually.
- We are to give thanks.
James 1:2-3 “Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith develops perseverance and perseverance must finish its work, so that you can be mature and complete not lacking anything.”
God’s goal for us is to have us grow up into maturity.
- Mature people reproduce
- Mature people are capable of leading
- Mature people are capable of teaching others
- Mature people can be thankful in the midst of hardship
Write down three difficult areas that you are experiencing in life right now
A THANKFUL HEART ALIGNS US WITH GOD’S WILL.
Tough areas to give thanks in:
- Financial challenges
- Challenging relationship
- Difficult work environment or demands
- Hurtful things that have been done towards us